- The Annual Bazaar of ACVV Huis Bergsig in Riebeek West is held on Saturday 6th May from 08h00 to 16h00 in support of the Riebeek Valley Olive Festival.
- Huis Bergsig is well-known for its traditional South African “menu” for the day.
- Enjoy a traditional potjiekos lunch, excellent Valley wines, bazaar puddings, the best pancakes in the Valley, and bazaar tables laden with delightful baked goodies, jams, preserves, and frresh vegetables at give-away prices.
- The tea garden and tea-table, and crafts made by residents and donors are beautifully presented on the lawns of the Home.
- This Bazaar really depicts Huis Bergsig’s motto of “Holding the hands of our senior citizens for a brighter future” with crafts to buy made by the residents and volunteers in the community.
- This is a wonderful opportunity to raise much needed funds to ensure that every resident enjoys a little extra throughout the coming year.
- 022 461 2535
- Visit The Village Market in Riebeek West on Saturday 6th May this year from 09h00 to 15h00 during the Riebeek Valley Olive Festival.
- A true Village market offering handmade and homegrown crafts and foods traditionally held on the first Saturday of each month from 09h00 to 13h00.
- Visit the stalls of talented crafters with unique handmade wares and fill your baskets with a multitude of delicious goodies to eat.
- Set in a peaceful outdoor environment, this charity market supports local NPO’s such as the SPCA, the Riebeek Valley Trauma Centre and the Home for the Aged with accumulated table fees being donated to these worthy causes on a six monthly basis.
- A market where locals catch up and visitors make friends.
- 082 492 8381
- Child-friendly beer & wine garden with pool open from 12pm to midnight on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Live entertainment on Friday night: The Rivertones Reggae Band live from 8-11pm. Entry fee R50
- Live entertainment on Saturday night: Manouche – fabulous gypsy swing band – live from 8:30-10:30. Entry fee R100.
- Champagne & oysters plus wine tasting at the entrance to The Secret Garden: Sat & Sun from 11:00-15:00
Entrance is FREE and we are open Friday til Sunday
Join the locals in Short Street Friday from 12:00 for food & drink stalls and a festive atmosphere.
Friday night DJ’s will play at the Alchemist
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
Lots of food stalls and vintage clothing and Olives, Olives, Olives!
EL Coffee Company • Southern Smoke • Bread and Pickle Company • Champagne Lady • Earth Rebel • Shamiema's Samoosas • Pimms Station • Shucked Oysters • Olive Stations and more!
Saturday evening the band Newton and Co will play from 18:00 - 20:00
The Alchemist will be the venue for a Pop-up Martini Bar during the Olive Festival, presenting pairings between different types of Gin and olives, featuring the Swartland’s own Caperitif.
Friday night DJ's will spin a Party Vibe.
- 083 290 7990